A power washer uses a high-pressure system to remove dirt, grime, algae or other substances from hard surfaces. Different types of pressure washers offer various features and performance levels, and they can use different fuel sources. If you’re weighing gas versus electric power washers for a cleaning project, the choice will ultimately come down to the nature of your application.
Benefits of Gas Power Washers
Gas pressure washers are faster and more powerful than electric power washers, generating more pounds per square inch (psi) of pressure and delivering more gallons per minute (gpm) of water. Gas pressure washers can yield a psi as high as 4,000, making them ideal for medium- to heavy-duty tasks such as cleaning parking spaces, driveways and other large areas. Here are a few benefits of gas power washers:
- Power: Gas washers have a high psi, allowing them to easily remove stubborn dirt and grime from surfaces.
- Durability: These industrial-grade devices are made using durable materials.
- Portability: Some smaller gas models come with wheels, making them easy to move around.
- Efficiency: A higher gpm allows gas washers to clean wider areas faster than electric washers.
Benefits of Electric Power Washers
Electric power washers are lighter and easier to use than gas washers. They are suitable for anyone who is new to power washing because they are user-friendly — you need only plug the device in and pull the trigger. Electric pressure washers are ideal for light-duty tasks like cleaning household items, fencing and siding. The following represent some of their key advantages:
- Limited maintenance needs: These washers require minimal lubrication and cleaning.
- No fuel requirements: You won’t have to keep gasoline on hand for this type of pressure washer.
- Indoor use: Electric models can be used in enclosed spaces without the risk of emitting carbon monoxide.
- Quiet: An electric washer won’t generate much noise during use.
When to Call in a Professional Power Washer
While you can likely run a power washer on your own, hiring a professional pressure washing company will almost always yield far better results. An expert will have the necessary knowledge and training to use safe, effective techniques that leave a beautiful finish without causing surface damage. They will also have professional-grade equipment and be able to complete the job much faster.
Make Your Home Shine With Professional Exterior House Cleaning
The exterior of your home can be vulnerable to mold and mildew buildup if left uncleaned for long periods of time. At Perfect Power Wash, we use the best equipment on the market to remove these accumulations and leave your house looking its best. Call 833-868-8873 or fill out our online form to request a quote!