What is the best time of year to get your house power washed? Your location and seasonal factors determine how you should approach seasonal power washing. Knowing the right strategy saves you time and money.
Why Get Your Home Power Washed in the Spring?
Everyone benefits from power washing in the spring. It’s called “spring cleaning” for a good reason. Contacting your local power washing company after March provides many advantages:
- Protect your building materials: Winter climates have lasting effects on your home or property. Snow and ice thaw and refreeze, making materials crack or break in dropped temperatures. Remove sludge after winter by power washing in spring.
- Prevent mold and mildew: In warmer climates, rainfall and debris create a buildup of leaves and other materials. Cleaning your roof, siding and gutters in the spring after the rainy season protects your surfaces from growing mold and mildew.
- Enjoy comfortable outdoor weather: Pleasant temperatures make power washing easier. You’ll clean more efficiently with better weather in spring when you aren’t too cold or hot.
Why Get Your Home Power Washed in the Fall?
Power washing in the fall may be essential, depending on where you live. For others, an extra wash in the fall provides a few benefits:
- Wash away dust and pollen: Remove dust and plant material buildup by power washing in the fall. This choice lessens allergies and provides your surfaces with a cleaner look.
- Remove residue from summer: Activities from summer may leave sticky residues on your decks and patios. Power washing prevents staining and molding.
- Prepare your home for winter: A power wash in the fall prepares your home before freezing temperatures arrive. Reduce mold and mildew by removing leaves and dirt.
What Is the Best Time of Year for Your Home?
Consider your climate when deciding between spring power washing vs. fall power washing. If you live where it snows, it’s best to power wash before and after winter. Power washing twice a year better protects your home and prepares it for the next season.
Living in a snow-free climate means you may only need power washing once a year. Removing spring pollen, leaves and other materials lessens buildup and unwanted growth. Power wash in spring for the cleanest look year-round.
Have Your Power Wash Questions Answered
Whether you need your house power washed in the spring or fall, we can help. Perfect Power Wash has been in business for over 20 years. We’ve regularly maintained over 150,000 homes throughout every season. Contact us by phone at 833-868-8873 or fill out an online form here.