Your vinyl fence adds to your home’s character and supports the privacy and security of your home and family. However, your fence endures wear and tear, so it requires regular upkeep and occasional repairs. Knowing how to tell if your vinyl fence is too far gone and whether you should restore or replace it is essential to maintaining the aesthetics and safety of your property.
Telltale Signs of a Deteriorating Vinyl Fence
Several factors can play a part in vinyl fence deterioration, resulting in the need to either replace or restore your fence. The primary indicators of a deteriorating fence include:
- Faded or discolored vinyl: Yellowing from sun exposure and stains from mildew are common, and eventually, you may not be able to remove them with regular cleaning.
- Significant cracks or holes: Age and exposure to the elements can cause a vinyl fence to become brittle and crack, weakening the structure.
- Loose or broken parts: Impact damage or natural aging can loosen or damage panels and posts, posing both a structural and security risk.
- Leaning or unstable structure: Leaning, sagging or warping vinyl fences usually have problems at their foundations, risking collapse and making them unsafe.
When to Restore or Replace Your Vinyl Fence
Determining whether to restore or replace your vinyl fence depends on a few key factors, such as:
- The extent of damage: Localized damage might easily be repaired, like minor cracks to a few panels in one section. If more than a third of the fence needs attention, replacing it may prove more cost-effective and long-lasting.
- Type of material: Due to uneven aging, matching new sections with older ones on vinyl fences can be challenging when attempting to fix, paint or repair the fence. In this case, replacement may be preferable.
- Budget constraints: Restoring sections of a deteriorating fence can be less expensive over the short term. However, continuous repair costs can add up, making a total replacement a better long-term investment.
- Property goals: If you plan to sell your home, a fence replacement could increase its curb appeal and value. On the other hand, if you’re fond of your fence and want to keep it, restoration may be the better option.
Trust Perfect Power Wash to Restore Your Vinyl Fence
At Perfect Power Wash, our over 20 years of experience allows us to offer expert vinyl fence power washing services to extend the life span of your fence and increase your home’s curb appeal. Keep damaging mold, mildew, algae and dirt at bay and ensure your vinyl fence promotes a healthier environment and looks its best for as long as possible. Contact us online or call us at 833-868-8873 today for your free estimate.