When you look at your home’s exterior, do you notice a buildup of dirt, grime or unsightly stains? These marks can accumulate over time, detracting from your home’s curb appeal.
If your once-clean siding, deck or driveway has lost its luster, it may indicate that it’s time to consider a pressure washer service. By utilizing a concentrated stream of water at high pressure, pressure washing can effectively remove mold and mildew, eliminating their presence and restoring your home to a safer and more hygienic environment.
What Is Power Washing and What Are the Different Types of Power Washing?
There are different types of power washing techniques you can use, each tailored to specific cleaning needs. Learn how power washing works with the three main types:
1. Power Washing
The combination of hot water and high-pressure power washing offers several advantages. The hot water helps to break down and dissolve stubborn dirt and stains more effectively than cold water alone. This combination makes power washing particularly effective for removing tough stains from concrete, brick and metal surfaces.
2. Pressure Washing
Pressure washing is a versatile technique commonly used for residential cleaning, offering a powerful solution for dirt and grime removal. These substances thrive in moist environments and can cause the discoloration and deterioration of surfaces. The high-pressure water spray helps to kill the spores, preventing regrowth and improving the overall cleanliness and appearance of the surface.
A pressure washer pump involves a water pump or a pressure washer pump that uses the power of an electric motor or an engine to create high-pressure water flow.
3. Soft Washing
Soft washing is a gentle and low-pressure wash technique that uses a combination of specialized cleaning solutions and a mild water spray to safely and effectively clean delicate surfaces. Soft washing is gentle enough to prevent damage to sensitive materials.
A specially formulated cleaning solution combines biodegradable detergents, bleach, hydrogen peroxide and water. The pressure washing detergent is carefully chosen based on the type of surface and the specific contaminants present, such as mold, mildew, algae or moss.
The low-pressure and gentle nature of soft washing can be used on roofs, exterior walls, painted surfaces, vinyl siding, wood decks and more. Soft washing is particularly beneficial for surfaces where high-pressure water could cause harm or compromise the integrity of the material.
What Outdoor Spaces Can You Transform With Power Washing?
Power washing can significantly enhance the appearance and cleanliness of different outdoor surfaces. Some of the outdoor spaces where you can use high-pressure washing to transform the space include:
- Driveways and walkways: Power washing can effectively remove tough stains and restore the vibrancy of your concrete, asphalt or stone surfaces.
- Decks and patios: Exposure to the elements can cause these surfaces to accumulate dirt and algae. Power washing can revitalize your deck or patio by removing these unsightly elements and restoring the surface’s natural beauty.
- Siding and exterior walls: The exterior of your home can accumulate dirt, dust, cobwebs, mold and mildew over time. These substances can lead to deterioration if left untreated. Power washing can effectively remove these unwanted substances.
- Fences and gates: Power washing can remove dirt buildup, grime, algae growth and even peeling paint from fences and gates. It can also prepare these surfaces for repainting or staining.
- Outdoor furniture and play equipment: Power washing can easily remove dirt, cobwebs and other debris from these items, restoring their cleanliness and making them ready for outdoor enjoyment.
Substances You Can Remove With Pressure Washing
The high-pressure force generated by these jets provides a thorough and efficient cleaning of unwanted substances. Each of these substances can effectively be tackled by high-pressure jets:
- Mold: Mold is a fungus that thrives in damp and humid environments. It appears as black or greenish patches and can be detrimental to the appearance and durability of surfaces.
- Mildew: This is another type of fungus that resembles a powdery growth on surfaces. You often find it in areas with high moisture, such as bathrooms or damp basements.
- Algae: These are small, plant-like organisms that thrive in moist and shaded areas. They typically appear as green or brownish growth on surfaces such as decks, patios, roofs and sidewalks.
- Grime: Grime is a combination of dirt, grease and other substances accumulating on surfaces over time. It can give surfaces a sticky or grimy feel and diminish their appearance.
- Moss: Moss is a small, non-vascular plant that appears as a green, fuzzy growth on surfaces such as roofs, sidewalks and stones.
- Lichens: Lichens are a combination of fungi and algae that form a symbiotic relationship. They often appear as patches or growths on roofs, particularly in areas with high humidity.
- Gloeocapsa magma: Gloeocapsa magma is a type of fungus that contributes to the black streaks or stains often seen on roofs.
The Role of Cleaning Solutions in Power Washing
Cleaners enhance the cleaning effectiveness and efficiency of high-pressure water treatments. These specially formulated cleaning solutions target specific contaminants, break down grime and facilitate the removal of stubborn stains.
Cleaning agents aid in surface preparation by loosening and lifting dirt, mold, mildew, algae and other contaminants from the cleaned surface. They penetrate deep into the pores and crevices, breaking the bond between the surface and the unwanted substances.
Using the appropriate cleaner for the specific cleaning task makes power washing more efficient in removing these substances, resulting in a thorough and satisfactory cleaning. For example, products that contain antimicrobial properties are effective in controlling and inhibiting the growth of mold and mildew. These detergents also help to prevent regrowth.
Adjusting Pressure and Techniques for Different Materials
Power washing is a cleaning method that can be tailored to different materials and surfaces by adjusting the water pressure, selecting appropriate cleaning solutions and employing specific techniques. Depending on the surfaces you need to power wash, a professional power washing team will adjust their methods to ensure you get the best clean possible while maintaining the integrity of your surfaces.
For example, power washing your fencing may require a different approach than power washing your roof. Incorrect usage, pressure and other factors can damage your property and belongings, so it’s essential to hire a team of experts to perform the job for you.
Hire Perfect Power Wash to Do the Job
Perfect Power Wash has the expertise and attention to detail to ensure every part of your home, from the walls to the exterior of your gutters, receives a thorough and gentle cleaning. Our expertly trained technicians utilize best-in-class equipment and biodegradable cleansers, applying the appropriate professional power washing techniques to lift tough stains without causing damage.
With over 20 years of experience and a track record of excellent customer satisfaction, you can trust us to deliver exceptional results. Take advantage of our convenient scheduling, competitive pricing and transparent invoicing process. Request a quote today and experience the transformative power of Perfect Power Wash for your home.