While many of us know the importance of sanitizing the interior of our homes, it’s critical not to forget about the exterior. Outdoor areas, like doorways and patios, tend to be the perfect environment for bacteria and other living organisms to thrive. Furthermore, these areas are frequently touched but infrequently cleaned. That’s where power washing comes in.
Think of the exterior of your home as its largest surface. The most effective way to clean that surface is to power wash it. The right tools and equipment in the hands of a professional technician will be able to thoroughly sanitize your doorways, patio, siding, roof, and all outdoor areas.
In this post, we will discuss how power washing sanitizes your home, the most effective way to do it, and how you can maintain a clean and sanitary home.
How Power Washing Sanitizes Your Home
Power washing combines pressurized water and cleansers to sanitize a surface. Depending on the type of surface and the material it’s made from, pressure can vary widely. For example, roof shingles are washed at a much lower pressure than concrete. Knowing this can be the difference in having a sanitized home or a damaged home.
By combining water with cleansers successfully, you can achieve the following:
- Eliminate living organisms.
- Remove algae, mildew, and mold.
- Wash away allergens, dust, and dirt.
- Disinfect all exterior surfaces.
Ways to Power Wash Your Home
There are two options when it comes to power washing your home. You can do it yourself or hire a professional. If you plan to power wash your home, keep the following in mind:
- Do Your Research. Your house is a combination of different features and materials. Consider the differences between vinyl siding and a stone patio. Experienced power washing technicians, like those at Perfect Power Wash, have this down to a science. They know how to adjust to each surface and provide a safe cleaning.
- Have the Right Equipment. Power washers bought at a local hardware store are simple and closer to a garden hose than they are professional equipment. It’s critical to be able to change water pressure and have several nozzles at your disposal. You’ll also want to have a ladder and scrub brush, among other materials, on hand.
- Sanitize All Areas. Be sure to wash every side of your home, from the gutters to the ground, to prevent the opportunity for regrowth. This includes second stories and all hard-to-reach areas, which can quickly accumulate large amounts of algae and mold.
Power washing is an intricate and time-consuming job. While you could take on this task by yourself, hiring a professional company is the most effective and safest solution.
Maintaining a Clean & Sanitized Home
The best way to keep your home clean and sanitized is to power wash it at least once a year. Keeping your home well-maintained protects it from embedded staining, boosts curb appeal, and ensures that it’s sanitized.
If you want to keep your home clean and sanitary all year long, rely on the pros at Perfect Power Wash. Our team cleans thousands of Ohio homes every year, keeping them looking great and protected against common contaminants. Give our experts a call today! Ask about our Annual Maintenance Membership to save yourself time and money.