Professional Christmas and holiday lighting installations are one way to save time while still enjoying a festive display. Doing light installations yourself comes with its own pros and cons. The decision between DIY vs. professional holiday light installation will depend on a few factors, such as your budget, available time and holiday lighting goals.
Pros and Cons of DIY Holiday Light Installation
Installing holiday lights on your own may be an ideal option if you:
- Have a small space to decorate
- Want to save on holiday expenses
- Enjoy hanging lights to get into the holiday spirit
A few things to consider when installing your own lights include:
- Safety risks: Installing lights on your home may put you and your property at risk of harm and damage.
- Time: Setting up your lighting display can be time-consuming, especially if you have a large home or yard to decorate.
- Resource limitations: You may not have the lights, tools or design experience to create the lighting display you envision.
- Storage: Holiday lights can require a significant amount of storage during the off-season, making it difficult to find enough space to keep them safe.
Pros and Cons of Professional Holiday Light Installation Services
Working with lighting experts can save time and reduce stress, enabling you to focus on enjoying the holidays. A few other benefits of professional holiday light installations include:
- Custom designs and cuts
- Safe and proper installations
- Durable commercial-grade lights
- Ongoing maintenance
- Convenient storage options
A few other aspects of professional holiday light installations to consider include:
- Higher costs: Professional services can cost more than DIY efforts, especially for larger spaces. You can offset the costs with the time and effort you save during the holiday season.
- Scheduling conflicts: Professional light installation companies may be busier as the holidays approach, limiting their availability to install your lights. Planning in advance will help ensure you get your installation on time.
- Flexibility concerns: Some installers may be unable to accommodate your lighting display requests. Look for a company that can custom-cut your lights to perfectly accent and beautify your home.
Choose Perfect Power Wash for Expert Holiday Light Installation
If you’d like to spend more time celebrating the holidays, professional Christmas lights will be worth it, especially when you choose Perfect Power Wash. We have the experience, expertise and tools to quickly and efficiently install your lights. Learn more about our holiday lighting services to see what we can do for your home!