Everyone loves a striking holiday light display brightening up the street and spreading cheer. But installing and removing your masterful light display is time-consuming, which is why leaving your lights up all year is a popular trend. By using professional installation and removal services every season, you’re free to celebrate different occasions with creative lighting ideas for year-round home decor.
Winter Lighting Ideas
Whether draped in the trees or strung up along gables, gutters or patio overhangs, these are some permanent holiday light ideas to help you celebrate winter holidays when the sun goes down:
- Christmas: Pair green, red and white lights with twinkling star motifs this Christmas season.
- Hanukkah: Get into the spirit of Hanukkah with blue and white lights supported by Star of David accents.
- Kwanzaa: Switch to green, red and yellow lights with a prominent display of seven candles from Boxing Day to New Year’s for this celebration.
- New Year’s: While silver and gold are the typical New Year’s colors, you could use any combination of colors with illuminated numbers or a digital countdown clock.
- Valentine’s Day: Share the love on February 14 with a display of red and pink lights wrapped around heart-shaped cutouts.
- Winter nights: Celebrate winter nights between these holidays with combinations of blue, purple and gold trimmings and vertical strings of white lights representing snowfall.
Spring Lighting Ideas
Knowing how to use holiday lights year-round has many benefits, including celebrating these spring holidays:
- St. Patrick’s Day: Wish passersby the luck of the Irish with clover garlands and a green and white light arrangement.
- Easter: While purple, red, pink, white and gold are synonymous with Easter, make it as colorful as possible, lighting up Easter bunny cutouts for your after-dark easter egg hunt.
- Spring nights: Emulate nature’s reawakening on spring nights with a burst of colors and butterfly figurines to complement the flourishing flowers around you.
Summer Lighting Ideas
Learning how to use Christmas lights year-round is easy with these creative summer lighting ideas:
- Pride month: Let the colors of the rainbow show your support for Pride month with a red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple lighting sequence.
- Fourth of July: Make red, white and blue the stars on July 4, including windows and outdoor railings adorned with lit-up patriotic bunting and bows.
- Summer nights: Bright-colored lights, hung mason jars filled with solar string lights and tiki torches lighting up the garden are ideal for outdoor entertaining and events in summer.
Fall Lighting Ideas
Here are some of the year-round uses of Christmas lights you can employ during the fall season:
- Halloween: Set off orange and white lighting with carved pumpkins and white fabric ghosts illuminated from within.
- Thanksgiving: This holiday calls for the warm fall lighting of deep yellow, orange, red and brown, which you can spice up with turkey-shaped silhouettes.
- Diwali: Also known as the festival of lights, celebrate Diwali with yellow, purple, red and blue lights, lanterns and floral mandalas.
- Fall nights: Keep those warm Thanksgiving colors glowing throughout the fall, incorporating vertical yellow, orange and red chase lights, symbolizing falling leaves.
Perfect Power Wash Provides the Best Holiday Lights Service
These creative lighting ideas for year-round home decor aren’t just for illuminating your property’s exterior. They’re also about creating lasting memories and bringing joy to every occasion. At Perfect Power Wash, we offer durable commercial-grade lighting installation and removal services backed by our industry-leading warranty. Visit our holiday lights installation page to transform your celebration into memorable moments.